Day Three of conference lived up to all of its hype. For those of you that missed it:
- Though Cory Doctorow's flight was delayed, preventing him from giving our last keynote, he was able to make it in time for some meet and greets and signings. We did not go keynote-less, however! The amazing John Chrastka of EveryLibrary gave a powerful keynote on the importance of us fighting on a political level for our profession. We'd like to thank John for being such an amazing sport and filling in with an inspiring and much needed keynote.
- The Garden State Book Awards, Past President's Luncheon, and College and University Luncheon hosted amazing speakers like Rita Williams-Garcia and Terry Paul Reese who got everyone excited about our amazing profession (and not to mention the delicious food at Harrah's).
- Ideas were flying in the Ignite session, one of the most popular conference offerings most years.
And that is only a small taste of what happened on our closing day! If you'd like to see more of the awesome things that happened this year throughout conference, check out our Storify round-ups:
- Day One: https://storify.com/njla_conf/2016-conference-day-1
- Day Two: https://storify.com/njla_conf/2016-conference-day-2
- Day Three: https://storify.com/njla_conf/2016-conference-day-3
And last but certainly not least, we want to say thank you to all of you for attending, presenting, helping, supporting in any and all ways that you did throughout the conference. Conference is truly only as good as the people who attend, and this may have been one of the best ones yet!
So, until #njla17,
Emily Witkowski and the 2016 Conference Committee